Monday, July 21, 2008

The Medieval Times

I went to DC this weekend to celebrate Jess' 30th birthday. There was magic, dramatic lighting and jousting at the Medieval Times, which was conveniently located in a shopping mall. On one side was the DQ and Orange Julies and on the other a giant castle with horses and paper crowns. It was amazing.

Yes, there was a beer wench. No, they don't give you any silverware, you have to eat that baked potato with your hands. Yes, the kidnapped prince returns to save the day.







2 comments:

Senreg said...

Your life is unbelievable. DC and beer ... it doesn't get any better than that!

Life continues here. I went down the tracks to pick berries again. Got over a quart and a half. But a bee stung me on the wrist. I am not upset becauswe I think that is supposed to be good for the joints.

Took another super of honey off the bee hives. Only one hive is doing well. After I got the honey safely in the garage, I changed clothes and "Gram" and I took icecream and raspberries to the Maynor's for a treat. Got home ... made popcorn ... went to bed ... about an hour later I felt something crawling on me leg. When I reached down to grab it, it stung me. It was one of my honey bees. How it got into my bed I don't know.

"Gram" got a little out of control at the Maynor's. She started splashing the kids with water from the wading pool. Before it was over "Gram" and two kids were soaked. It was not a pretty picture. I finally got "Gram" under control and went home. My reward was I got stung by the bee in bed! Some days it does pay to stay out of bed!

Had to pick a milkweed to take to the Maynor's to feed their Monarch catapillar. What will they think of next! I think they are hoping to get a butterfly. It is a good thing I let some of them grow in my yard.

Got a call from the web news,"Real News". They want to interview me about why I like "Real News". Lady was suprised that I didn't have a web-cam, so she said they would just do an audio and I should send a picture so that could post it on the site with my audio. I thought I would send the picture from the Boundary Waters where I have that wild man look in my eye. That should create a good impression.

Sorry I don't have adventure like your's to share. Just routine things here on the yard tour.

love

Senreg .... III

Julia said...

I didn't even know you had this blog! I've got a lot of catching up to do. I can't believe you went to Medieval Times, Joe would kill to go to that. The Borgers want to take Joe to The Renaissance Festival, but I'm not sure if I should let him go.