Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Beets

As a part of my summer adventures, I signed up to take a pastel class at the Brooklyn Botanic Gardens. This week it was rainy. Bummer when you are going to draw with chalk in a garden. So, we took to the classroom and did some still-life work. Those of us at the "beginner table" were assigned beets. Enid seemed to like my use of color. She also seemed to think that the beets gave the feeling that they were on the attack or somehow marching off the page. I don't really know about that, but let me tell you something; beets are not easy.



I am thinking of auctioning off my pastel drawings at the end of my class. Anyone is welcome to bid. I open the bidding at a quarter. Comon' who wouldn't love these beets adorning their kitchen? They look awesome under a magnet on my fridge! Good times. Good times.

1 comment:

Megan said...

I bid $1 for the beets!