Monday, July 14, 2008

Happy Bastille Day!

It was Bastille Day yesterday, and that means lots of festivities in our neighborhood.



Karl and Me


Matthew and James. Luckily James really speaks French and could order fancy French drinks for us.

There was skateboarding, which had nothing to do with the French, but as long as the street was closed anyway, the skate shop to advantage also.



There was a lot of petanque -the French equivalent of boccie ball.




They filled the street with sand and throw these heavy metal balls.






Sometimes the scoring can be very tricky.






Good times and festivities were had by all.








2 comments:

Megan Maynor said...

Haddie!

Your blog rocks. Nice work setting up rules and everything. Looks like you're off to a good start. I'm still looking at two weeks with no Mayno at the end of August...Hmmm... We just got a piano! We will now be home to many original piano compositions and much ibuprofen. :) Love you, Had.

Senreg said...

Still not much excitement, compared to New York!

The baby rabbits left the nest. I almost hit one with the lawn mower yesterday.

Went to pick black berries at Birch Island Park, but someone else found the patch and picked it. But I did manage to disturb a paper wasp nest and got stung three times. It was still worth it ... I got one berry.

However, nobody has discovered the berry patch along the tracks. Day before yesterday I picked a quart and a half of black raspberries. There is a paper wasp nest there too, but I manage to pick the berries without getting stung. A man rode by on a bicycle, just feet from me and never saw me in the middle of the berry patch.

Tuesday I went flying with Bruce. We flew to Winona and took Steve and boys for rides. The Winona airport had one call from a lady at Wilson that a plane was flying low and was too loud. Then a lady from the East end of Winona called the airport and said she heard a plane that sounded like a world war II plane, but couldn't see it. Wanted to know if we could fly over the East end so she could see it. Four people showed up at the airport to see the plane, after they heard it or saw it fly over. It was fun, but not as exciting as New York.

Wish I was there! Senreg III